PT Library Assistant – Boston, MA
Accufile, Inc., a professional library services firm, is seeking an experienced part-time Library Assistant to join our team! The ideal candidate will have the ability to work 15 hours a week (3 days). You must have current legal research experience to be considered for this position.
Provide basic reference-level research such as article, docket, serial and case pulls.
Ability to curate news feeds for BNA Convergence newsletters
Familiarity with/ability to learn Softlink catalog platform
Process print materials, including check-in, labeling, barcoding, and routing,
· Process and check-in electronic resources
· Add users and manage user subscriptions
· Update MARC records with Cassidy Cataloging files as needed
· Audit catalog as needed
Respond to requests regarding legal department employee passwords and access, including:
· Issue, maintain and delete passwords for Westlaw, WestLegal Ed, Bloomberg Law, Law360, NILS
Manage material orders, including:
· Maintain, order and cancel material orders
· Open and process all incoming mail
· Process, track and reconcile invoices
· Maintain accounting ledgers and handle all special billing situations
· Communicate with clients concerning billing discrepancies and questions
· Maintain and audit ledgers as required
· Supervise high interns with loose-leaf filing, or perform the filing themselves
· Data entry for CI surveys
· Maintain Library Website Statistics spreadsheet
· Undergraduate/Associate’s level degree/coursework highly desirable, library coursework or progression towards library degree preferred
· Strong proficiency in all MS office products
· Current legal research experience a must!!
· Self-starter, ability to work and move work forward under minimum/remote supervision
· Experience with customer service and client communication
To be considered for this position please forward cover letter and resume to Karen Gatteny at email@example.com.