Connecting New England to legal information
LLNE Legal Link is a clearinghouse for legal research resources, tutorials and best practices in New England for public librarians and others.
Navigating Legal Research
- Library Policies on Providing Legal Reference
- A Patron Just Asked Me a Legal Question. Where Do I Begin?
- Authenticity and Currency of Legal Information
- How Far to Go? What Should I Answer or Not Answer?
- Getting to No: When You Can’t Answer a Question
- Exciting, Useful, Free Internet Resources for Legal Information
- Legal Research Dead-ends
- Patron Referral Options, Explained
Types of Legal Resources
New England Resources
Visit the state-by-state content below for links to free and low-cost legal help, information about law libraries open to the public; and information on the legislative processes in each state.
LLNE Legal Link is an ever expanding and updating portal focused on highlighting New England legal research resources. If you have suggestions for additional content, including projects you or your library is involved in, or corrections, please contact the chair of the Access to Justice Committee.
LLNE Legal Link is a joint project of LLNE’s Access to Justice and Service Committees, developed as part of its Outreach to Public Libraries service initiative. To learn more about LLNE’s public library outreach projects, please see the Access to Justice Committee webpage.