Announcing the 2020 LLNE Legal Research Instruction Program
Six weeks of hands-on instruction in the basic skills and materials of legal research, taught by experienced law librarians from the membership of the Law Librarians of New England (LLNE)
Days: Six Wednesday evenings
Dates: March 18 to April 22, 2020
Times: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Suffolk University Law Library
120 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108
Topics covered include:
- Overview of the US legal system
- Introduction to legal research methods, including using secondary sources
- The role of case law, the courts and case finding tools, such as digests
- The organization of statutes and conducting a legislative history
- Finding regulations and geting an understanding generally of administrative law
- Finding transactional law documents
- Finding information about businesses and people
- Putting everything together with legal research strategy
Course Fee: $150. Payable by check (see registration form) or credit card.
Registration deadline: Monday, March 16, 2020
If you have any questions, please email Brian Flaherty
Syllabus coming soon.