Announcing the 2023 LLNE Legal Research Instruction Program
The 2023 legal research instruction program is going to be run entirely online. It will be a combination of synchronous and asynchronous instruction, using zoom, the various google tools, video instruction, and the imagination of the great teaching librarians of the Law Librarians of New England.
The class will be run on six Wednesday evenings from March 15th through April 19th. The synchronous sessions will meet on Wednesday at 6pm, for between 1 and 2 hours (depending on the amount of asynchronous instruction for that week). To register, please fill out this form.
Instruction will include:
· Overview of the US legal system
· Introduction to legal research methods, including using secondary sources
· The role of case law, the courts and case finding tools, such as digests
· The organization of statutes and conducting a legislative history
· Finding regulations
· Understanding administrative law
· Finding transactional law documents
· Finding information about businesses and people
· Putting everything together with legal research strategy
For the course, you will have access to some of the more important legal research tools in the profession, however we will also cover how to do effective legal research without some of the more expensive resources.
Course Fee: $150. Payable by check (see registration form) or credit card.
Registration deadline: Monday, March 10, 2023.
If you have any questions, please email Brian Flaherty
Syllabus coming soon.