The EDGAR AWARD is bestowed on a law librarian (living or deceased) who as a member of the Law Librarians of New England, has made significant and sustained contributions to the field of law librarianship over the course of his or her career.
The Executive Board shall consider the following criteria in evaluating candidates for the EDGAR AWARD:
- Achievement in a particular area of law librarianship;
- Contributions to the Law Librarians of New England;
- Contributions to the professional literature;
- Contributions to the development of innovative techniques or research;
- Contributions to the broader legal and/or library communities; and/or
- Mentoring and coaching of newer members of the profession.
Nominees for the EDGAR AWARD may be submitted by any member of the Law Librarians of New England to the Law Librarians of New England Executive Board, or to a committee or individual(s) designated by the Executive Board.
The Award, a plaque with an appropriate inscription, shall be presented at the discretion of the Executive Board. Only one award will be given per year. However, there is no requirement that an award be given in any year.
Edgar Award Winners
- Edgar Bellafontaine, awarded 1998
- Maria Sekula, awarded 2000
- Karen Moss, awarded at LLNE Spring Meeting, April 21, 2006
- Ed Bander, awarded at the Social Law Library Meeting, April 20, 2007
- Dan J. Freehling, awarded at LLNE Annual Business Meeting, July 25, 2011
- Marnie Warner, awarded at LLNE Fall Meeting, October 3, 2013
- Karen Quinn, awarded at LLNE Spring Meeting, April 24, 2015
- Anne Acton, awarded at LLNE Spring Meeting, June 8, 2018
- Darcy Kirk, awarded LLNE Fall Meeting, October 16, 2020
- Barbara Schneider, awarded LLNE Spring Meeting, June 10, 2021
- Michael Hughes, awarded LLNE Fall Meeting, November 11, 2021
- Ann DeVeaux, awarded LLNE Spring Meeting, June 17, 2021
Ad Hoc Edgar Award Committee
Bonnie Koneski-White, Chair