The Committee shall consist of a chairperson, the editors of the LLNE Newsletter, and other members as appointed by the LLNE President.
1. The Communications Committee actively supports LLNE’s goal of promoting law librarianship in the legal and library communities. The committee strives to heighten public awareness about the field of law librarianship; collects, organizes and disseminates relevant information and makes this data available to members; acts as a promotional clearinghouse for all LLNE activities; and works with committee chairs to help publicize various events and programs.
2. Promotes LLNE to newer law librarians at institutions in the LLNE geographical area.
3. Periodically updates the LLNE Brochure for distribution.
4. Works with the Membership Development Committee to promote law librarianship via events at local library schools.
5. Obtains photographs and other content for the discussion list, newsletter, and website.
6. Communicates with LLNE members via the LLNE website, newsletter and discussion list.
- Sara McMahon, co-chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Emma Wood, co-chair (email@example.com)
- Ellen Frentzen, member (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Katharine Haldeman, member (email@example.com)
- Kelly Johnson, member (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. The Committee Chair presides at the committee meetings and reports on committee activities at LLNE executive board meetings. In the event that the Chair is unable to attend a scheduled executive board meeting, the Chair will provide a report to be given by one of the subcommittee chairs.
2. The Chair also reports on committee progress at the LLNE business meeting or via LLNE News and writes an official annual report of the committee’s activities to be submitted to the executive board for the LLNE annual report.