1. The Scholarship Committee is responsible for the administration of a program to provide financial assistance to deserving members of the Chapter.
2. The Committee consists of a Chairperson and two members appointed by the President.
3. The Committee is responsible for developing a scholarship application form, distributing the forms to the membership and selecting recipients on the basis of the scholarship guidelines.
4. The Chairperson should contact the Treasurer at the beginning of each fiscal year to determine if the amount designated for scholarships has been set aside.
5. The Committee shall determine the amount and number of scholarships available for each meeting after discussion with the local arrangements committee. Deadlines for scholarship applications must be early enough to allow committee members to process the applications and notify the recipients.
6. The Committee should review the scholarship guidelines at the end of each fiscal year and recommend any changes to the Executive Board. Such changes shall be published in the LLNE Newsletter by the Committee Chairperson and sent to individuals upon request.
Liza Rosenof, chair
Legal Research Librarian
Moakley Law Library
Suffolk University Law School
University of New Hampshire School of Law
2 White Street
Concord, NH 03301
Head Law Librarian
Barnstable Law Library
1st District Courthouse
3195 Main Street
Barnstable, MA 02630